In this age of technology and digital advancement, almost every business has its official website- no matter how small or large the company is. People have started realizing just how effective the internet is for marketing their products and services. Plus, with social media, it’s easy to spread awareness about your company and the products/services you offer. All you need is a catchy and original tweet, Instagram picture or Facebook post to go viral.
With the dawn of internet marketing, other areas become important as well. Every person who manages a website knows that in order to compete in today’s market; having good SEO is a must. SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a way to increase your website’s ranking on well known search engines like Google. To bolster your site’s SEO ranking, the most important rule to follow is to keep your content fresh, original and simply captivating.
Why is having good content so crucial?
Ever since the term ‘content marketing’ became the hottest new concept in the modern marketing world, executives have been happily throwing the term around without actually understanding just how crucial it is and how much of a difference it can make to the overall image of the firm. Think of it this way- you could write a bunch of words, put them into chapters and publish a book. But if what you’re writing about is so drab and dull that even senior citizens won’t be caught dead buying your book, then exactly what are you accomplishing?
Similarly, in the past, a lot of companies used to just create press releases and informative articles more suitable for a PhD thesis than for the public’s viewing pleasure. This was simply done to flood the reader’s mind with inconsequential details and the same old sales pitches. But, consumers today are a lot smarter! They automatically stop paying attention to anything they consider to be drivel.
If you’re still not convinced about why quality content is so important, check out the following points:
- • Google looks for great content: Google has vamped its search algorithm and isn’t fooled by cheap SEO tricks like keyword stuffing anymore. Today, it’s really all about how original, catchy and innovative your content is. Make sure you don’t resort to creating vulgar content just to get the spotlight; you’ll only succeed in attracting attention for all the wrong reasons.
- • Sign of authority: Having good quality content on your site gives prospective customers an opportunity to believe in you. They start to trust your company, your brand and your products or services. It also is a sign that you are an authority in your particular industry.
- • Growing entity: Quality content indicates that your website is a growing entity which is constantly improving and search engines like Google absolutely love this!
- • Improves your ranking and people will want to share your content: When your content is informative, witty and interesting, readers will love your site and they will want to share certain blog posts or videos with people they know. This gives you the opportunity to rank for things you talk about!
- • Followers: The more interesting your content is, the more people and businesses will start following your site.
Creating good content is an art and that’s why you need a professional, who knows the value of high quality content.